Service Advisor - Rugby
Service Advisor - Rugby
Our busy Rugby branch has recently opened as a new parts and service center to better serve our customers and to provide in-house warranty fulfillment on previous car sales. To ensure optimum customer service, we’re hiring a Service Advisor to work one-on-one with our clients. Your job will be to advise customers on the available parts and service options when their vehicles need repairs. We’re counting on you to develop extensive product knowledge and to serve all of our customers with a friendly smile and honest guidance. We offer in-house training and support as well as a competitive salary and generous benefits.
Douglass Motors is a family run business specialising in servicing, repairing and restoring 4x4 vehicles. The business also has a thriving business in the sales of 4x4 vehicles, parts and accessories.
Our ethos in all that we undertake is honesty, integrity and transparency.
The role of Service Advisor requires the candidate to display a professional appearance and attitude to their work at all times reassuring our clients that we understand their requirements and that we have their best interests at heart in all that we do for them. They will need to be an excellent communicator and be able to convey a clear and accurate message from the client to the service staff and then be able to convey a technical message back to the client in a format that is clear and understandable to a potentially non-technical person.
The candidate will play a key role in maximising productivity within the service department of our company and will work very closely with our Workshop Supervisor. To that end, they will need to be organised and methodical in their approach.
The overall focus of the Service Advisor is twofold; firstly they should ensure that our clients have a premium brand experience with us and secondly they would need to demonstrate an understanding of the need to improve and maintain productivity within the business.
• To control the workshop diary and booking system in conjunction with the Workshop Supervisor to ensure efficient workflow, maximising productivity.
• To receive clients at vehicle drop off ensuring that we have a clear understanding of their requirements
• To field client enquiries including:
> Preparing formal quotations for day to day vehicle servicing or repair work.
> Preparing quotations for long term restoration work.
> Liaise with clients where any additional work is identified on their vehicle outside of that which it was booked in for.
> To identify and secure any upselling opportunities where required.
> Keep clients informed at all times ensuring they are aware of progress on their vehicle.
• To ensure that all parts and other stock required to carry out the scheduled work, maintaining and maximising an efficient workflow, are ordered in a timely manner.
• To field client requests or complaints and seek to secure client satisfaction at all times.
• To prepare and present final or stage payment invoices for workshop work.
• To conduct vehicle handover in a professional manner.
• As a front of house employee the Service Advisor will be required, where it is appropriate to do so, to support the Parts & Accessories and Vehicle sales teams in their work ensuring our clients receive prompt attention.
• To conduct any duty that supports the day to day operation of Douglass Motors Ltd.
Please e-mail a covering letter and your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include Job Reference: JD-SAR in the e-mail subject.